1. I should’ve been going to the dermatologist for a long time, I could’ve gotten rid of my acne years ago!
2. Those crazy-fast-talking-scientist types of men who have a passion for what they work on do exist out here in the real world. I almost couldn’t understand what my dermatologist was saying because he was so into trying to push out all this information.
3. Dairy (from actual cows) does lead to acne and if we want to avoid it we can drink soy or almond milk instead.
4. Ok so I knew about this one, but I pretended it wasn’t true for my love of junk food; sugary foods lead to acne.
5. They examine basically all of your skin…even between your toes!
6. I’ve been buying and trying different over the counter type of cleansers and washes for no reason! The picture shows all the products I had been using twice daily (except for the clay mask, that was once a week) on the left, and then the little samples I received today that I will only be using from now on in the circle to the right. 🙂
This would’ve saved me so much more room (and money from purchasing all the products) when packing toiletries by carrying just 2 travel sized products instead of packing like 7 different things into smaller containers just to shove into an overfilling travel case! I had to ask him, “So do I just stop using everything I was using before like; toner, cleanser, clay masks, etc.” And he replied with a simple yes!
7. I really had to wait almost 2 months just to strip, be examined in 60 seconds, and then handed some samples and given a few minutes lecture on what causes acne and how I can internally prevent some of it that probably could have been explained by John and Hank Green in a YouTube video.
So if you’re thinking of going to see a dermatologist for skin problems (or acne like me), definitely do it! No matter what it leads up to, you’ll come out of the office happy and optimistic for your potential healing or skin changes.
Today I came to TJMaxx in a desperate attempt to buy a pencil pouch for college (classes start in a week!) I ended up coming home with a new journal, water bottle, makeup brush bag, a comfy sweatshirt, lounge tee, and drawstring joggers…yikes! But the extra grabs were totally worth it, I’ll thank myself during finals week. The clothes I’ll probably feature in a separate master Back-to-School post!
“She looks for ADVENTURE around every corner Journal” ($4.99)
This journal caught my attention because my friends always love bringing me along places because apparently I turn every little thing into an adventure. I can easily get excited over things like going to target or buying bread from the grocery store…don’t act like you don’t do the same!!!
The majority of the journals in TJMaxx’s stationery section were wanderlust or travel-related, which made me SOO happy to have shopped today. I even recognized most of the cute little quotes on some covers.
Bubba – Insulated Water Bottle ($9.99)
Guys, this is seriously such a cute combination of colors AND it came with a second straw! Like it’s so nice to be able to replace one while the other is being washed and dried or just save it until the first one breaks.
Tender Love + Carry – Makeup Brush Bag ($4.99)
Not only is their brand name totally cute, their bags are too! I rarely have come across them in person but they are sold online in other countries like New Zealand and Australia. I’m going to use this as a little pencil pouch instead so I don’t start hoarding supplies in my backpack this year 🙂
Let me know if you have any questions or find similar items anywhere else! Especially makeup bags that can be used as pencil pouches!
Have you guys ever heard of store beauty sample boxes? Well if you haven’t, Walmart has one!
The box is FREE but you have to pay $5.00 for shipping. Once you make an account and register a credit card #, they will automatically send you them quarterly (4x a year, one per season) until you unsubscribe from the box.
I received mine in the mail yesterday and it includes these samples/full-size products:
•Lady Gaga Fame Black Fluid (Eu De Parfum) (0.04 FL OZ)
•Schwarzkopf Essence ULTÎME Omega Repair & Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner (for damaged, depleted hair) (1.7 FL OZ ea.)
•Dove gofresh (body wash) in “mandarin & tiare flower scent” (1.8 FL OZ)
•Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters (facial cleanser) in “white tea & vitamin e” (0.5 FL OZ)
•Hard Candy All Glossed Up (hydrating lip stain) in color “sand castle” (FULL)
It also included these 3 foil samples:
And coupons totaling a value of $14!
I haven’t used any of these products yet so I can’t review them but the Nivea in-shower body lotion one sounds interesting…
Today I took a break and painted my nails, seeing my nail designs while flipping the pages of the book I’m reading just makes me a lot happier… I don’t understand why either…
What I Used:
-Kiss Nail Art Paint in black
-A brand I forgot the name of in a pink shade from my friend Thy, so any pink shade will do
-Circus nail polish by Andrea’s Choice in Reverso (white)
-Sally Hansen insta dri fast dry nail polish in Mint Sprint (turquiose)
-REVLON quick dry base coat
-AVON top coat
-Dotting tool (for the pink and/or black circle blobs)
-Q-tips & nail polish remover (to get rid of unwanted
1. Put on a layer of base coat
2. Put on 2 thin layers of the Mint Sprint color
3. Use the white nail polish and put 2 circle shapes toward both ends of the nails
4. Using the dotting tool, add the pink nail polish within white circles
5. Add dots/blobs with the black nail art color on top of the pink
6. Using the black nail art paint brush, apply short lines radiating from the white circles
7. Remove any excess nail polish marks with nail polish remover on Q-tips
8. Add a layer of clear top coat
9. Allow your nails to dry and enjoy 💅