1. I should’ve been going to the dermatologist for a long time, I could’ve gotten rid of my acne years ago!
2. Those crazy-fast-talking-scientist types of men who have a passion for what they work on do exist out here in the real world. I almost couldn’t understand what my dermatologist was saying because he was so into trying to push out all this information.
3. Dairy (from actual cows) does lead to acne and if we want to avoid it we can drink soy or almond milk instead.
4. Ok so I knew about this one, but I pretended it wasn’t true for my love of junk food; sugary foods lead to acne.
5. They examine basically all of your skin…even between your toes!
6. I’ve been buying and trying different over the counter type of cleansers and washes for no reason! The picture shows all the products I had been using twice daily (except for the clay mask, that was once a week) on the left, and then the little samples I received today that I will only be using from now on in the circle to the right. 🙂
This would’ve saved me so much more room (and money from purchasing all the products) when packing toiletries by carrying just 2 travel sized products instead of packing like 7 different things into smaller containers just to shove into an overfilling travel case! I had to ask him, “So do I just stop using everything I was using before like; toner, cleanser, clay masks, etc.” And he replied with a simple yes!
7. I really had to wait almost 2 months just to strip, be examined in 60 seconds, and then handed some samples and given a few minutes lecture on what causes acne and how I can internally prevent some of it that probably could have been explained by John and Hank Green in a YouTube video.
So if you’re thinking of going to see a dermatologist for skin problems (or acne like me), definitely do it! No matter what it leads up to, you’ll come out of the office happy and optimistic for your potential healing or skin changes.