Hey! I recently did a 4 day trip with a backpack and here’s how I packed it. I challenged myself to pack everything I needed for the long weekend in my backpack because the airline I flew (JetBlue) changed their basic fare policy to not include carry-ons anymore.
A few years ago, I could never do this. I went to Minneapolis for 2 days, 1 night and could barely fit my stuff into my North Face Borealis Backpack at the time! (I did have to bring a bath towel + shower flip flops.)
00:00 Intro & Backpack Tour
00:39 What I’m Packing
02:29 Packing My Backpack
- If you don’t need a lot of a liquid like skincare, put it in a clean contacts lens case that you don’t need!
- Roll your clothes to be able to pack more. Play around with roll sizes and see what works best. Keep the most wrinkle-able items on the outside.
-1 Black sneakers*
-1 Tank top*
-1 Hiking top/crop top
-3 T Shirts
-3 Workout or Lounging Shorts
-1 Jean Shorts
-8 underwear + 2.5 bras
*items worn on the plane
- Day 1: Airplane outfit (Sneakers, Sweatshirt, tank top, leggings—change to jean shorts)
- Day 2: Hiking outfit (workout top, workout bottoms + maybe jean shorts)
- Day 3: Dress
- Day 4: Sweatshirt, T Shirt, leggings, sneakers
Luckily I have a backpack with a lot of compartments plus a bottle holder and zipper pocket on the sides which helps a lot!
I understand this was more doable because I was traveling to a warmer area but I might do a 3-day Fall in New York City backpack version where I also flew Jetblue.
My company gave me this backpack when I started my career but I believe this is the model if you are interested as well: https://amzn.to/3BH15TU